Last updated on 15th Oct, 2019
At Forge Design we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
We take responsibility for the personal information we collect about you, and we aim to be transparent about how we handle it, and give you control over it.
In this Policy, when we refer to "Forge Design", "us", "we" or "our", we mean Forge Design Consultancy Ltd.
This Policy is owned by Forge Design’s board of directors. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how we handle your personal information please email our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our main reasons for collecting your personal information are to help you find or advertise for design work, and to meet our legal obligations.
Personal information is defined slightly differently in different countries. We define it as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
We collect personal information from you in different ways. You may share that information with us directly, or we may collect it using other means (for example, from third party sources).
To use most of our website features, we require you to register with us, and to provide us with basic contact information. By signing up and using our site you may share with us:
• your name,
• your address,
• your e¬mail address,
• your company details,
• your career history, and
• any other personal information you include in your interactions with us.
We may also ask for additional information to assist us with specific job requirements. We may carry out video interviews and allow you to provide videos on the website to highlight your skillset or certain project or portfolio information.
You may also share details of other people with us; for example, if somebody else referred a job to you. In those circumstances, you will need to check with that person that they are happy for you to share their personal information with us, and for us to use it in accordance with this Policy.
We sometimes collect some personal information about you from other sources; namely, previous employer(s), your references, recruitment agencies and from providers of services that allow us to verify the details that you provide to us. We collect as little personal information as possible.
You may use social media to interact with us. We also use social media (such as LinkedIn and Instagram), job boards and online sites.
If you use social media and make your profile(s) visible to the public, we may review and provide links to your social media profile(s). We do this primarily (though not exclusively) where it is relevant to help curate your profile on our site or match designers to particular jobs.
Social media sites, job boards and similar online sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Some cookies that we use collect and store limited personal information and anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our website, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites.
The information we collect may include the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
We use this information so that we can see how long our websites take to load, how they are used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our websites, and what information visitors look at most. It also helps us fix issues, and may sometimes enable to you log in or access certain site pages faster.
Any personal information that is collected will be used in accordance with this Policy. By using our website, you accept that cookies may be set on your device.
For further information, including on the types of cookies that we use and how to manage cookies placed on our websites, please refer to our cookies policy.
Our main reasons for using your personal information are to provide you with information or services via our website, and to connect designers and clients together with a view to enabling design projects to be completed accurately and effectively.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• To prove your identity
• To communicate with you
• To provide you an online profile that enhances your standing and presence in the Forge Design community and assists you in creating or working on design projects
• To establish, exercise or defend our (or a third party's) legal rights
• To protect the rights, property or safety of Forge Design, our employees, customers, suppliers or other persons
• To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations where necessary
• To comply with our legal, regulatory and professional obligations
• Otherwise for the lawful operation of our business
Data protection and privacy laws in some countries require us to have what's called a ‘legal basis’ or ‘lawful grounds’ for handling personal information. In general, that means that we have to have a legal justification to handle your personal information.
We have concluded that our ‘legal bases’ for handling your personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy are as follows:
• our use of your personal information is necessary prior to entering into a contract with you (that is prior to engaging a client or supplier on a contract)
• our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations, or
• where our use of your personal information is neither necessary to take steps to enter into a contract with you, or to comply with our legal obligations, that use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
Wherever possible we try to avoid collecting or handling sensitive personal information (for example, medical information, racial or ethnic origin, or criminal records information). If we have to for legal reasons then we will only handle that information:
• where the law permits us to do so, to comply with our legal obligations or to exercise specific legal rights, or
• where you have given us your consent
If we have asked for your consent to collect and handle certain types of personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting email@example.com.
If you have asked us to, we will keep you informed of latest news, design updates and general Forge Design information. We may do this in various ways, including e-mail and via social media platforms.
We want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us. We give you the option to stop receiving communications about other opportunities at any time. You can let us know if you no longer want to hear from us by:
• Sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
• Using the unsubscribe option included in email correspondence, or
• Writing to us stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications.
We never sell your personal information to anyone and only share it as outlined in this Policy, or when you ask us to.
We may rarely share your personal information with certain third parties who provide services on our behalf.
They only have access to the personal information they need to perform those services. They are required to keep your personal information confidential and may not use it other than as we ask them to.
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
• Third parties that assist us with listing design work, to reach people who may be interested in applying for it
• Third parties that assist us understanding how our website works by setting cookies on our websites (more information on this can be found in our cookies policy)
We will also share your personal information with third parties:
• if we are required to do so by law, including in response to a legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or to comply with other national, state, provincial or local laws. For example, in these circumstances, we may share personal information with professional bodies, tax authorities, courts, the police and other governmental authorities,
• where it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business
• to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity,
• to protect the rights, property or safety of Forge Design, our employees, customers, suppliers or other persons.
We take responsibility for the personal information that you share with us and require those third parties with whom we share your personal information to apply the same level of privacy protection as is contained in this Policy.
Where possible, we give you control over the personal information we collect about you.
You also have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes you can update, amend or remove information by logging into your account, or ask us by submitting a request to email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you can also:
• Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes,
• Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information,
• Ask us to correct, remove or delete personal information about you,
• Ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
Please note that those rights do not always apply and there are certain exceptions to them.
If the law in your country allows us to impose a fee for giving you access to your personal information, or to exercise any of your other rights in relation to your personal information, we will let you know.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly.
We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that Forge Design personnel are adequately trained in protecting your personal information. Our procedures mean that we may sometimes request proof of identity before we share your own personal information with you.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password(s) with anyone.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need to, to be able to use it for the reasons given in this Policy, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
We will collect personal information from you in the country in which you live and from which you access our services. We, and those third parties that we share your personal information with, may then host and store that information on servers based in the UK (at our headquarters) or in the European Economic Area (EEA). Where the information is stored outside of the EEA, we have put in place corporate agreements to ensure that your information is safeguarded.
We will make sure that any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply to us.
European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA.
When transferring personal information to third parties outside the EEA, we will:
• include the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transferring personal information outside the EEA into our contracts with those third parties; or
• ensure that the country in which your personal information will be handled has been deemed "adequate" by the European Commission.
We will always co-operate with any regulators as required by law to ensure that we remain transparent about the way we handle your personal information.
If we change this Policy, we will post the details of the changes below.
If we need to and we have your e¬mail address, we may also e-mail you with information on those changes and ask you to confirm that you are happy with those changes.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, after speaking to us, you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the relevant regulator or authority in your country that is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information.